Sodium Chloride 0.9% For Irrigation
Sodium Chloride for Irrigation Solution is indicated for use as a sterile, non-pyrogenic, isotonic cleansing solution in general surgical procedures (e.g. irrigation of body cavities, tissues or wounds, indwelling urethral catheters, surgical drainage tubes.)
- Not for intravenous injection or injection by other usual parenteral routes.
- This irrigation solution is concentrated in patients undergoing electrosurgical procedures.
- Do not use unless the solution is clear and the seal is intact.
- This solution is for irrigation only, not for injection.
- Depending on the surgical procedure during which the product is used for irrigation, various amounts of the sodium and chloride ions contained in this solution may enter the systemic circulation. However, at physiological concentrations, neither of these ions is known to have adverse effects on the fetus.
- Studies have not been performed to evaluate the potential genotoxic or carcinogenic effects of sodium chloride for irrigation solution.
- Studies have not been performed to assess the effects of sodium chloride for irrigation solution on fertility.
Made in Australia.